I'm Nathan, a software engineer that is passionate about making tools that help others and contribute to the greater community. When I'm not programming, I'm serving in church, playing guitar, going on hikes, or some weird combination of those three 🎸
Workday Sep 2021 – Present Palo Alto, California
Grasshopperfund Oct 2020 – Sep 2021 Irvine, California
Leading back-end development and DevOps of the StartSmart Crowdfunding Platform.
- Designed and implemented an AWS Stack of RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, and Amplify.
- Implemented CI/CD pipelines to automate testing, code scanning, and deployment to AWS services.
- Spearheaded migration from a monolithic web application to a Django REST back-end and a React front-end
- Dockerized applications, vastly improving the efficiency of local development.
Liferay Jun 2021 – Sep 2021 Diamond Bar, California
UCI ICS Student Council Aug 2020 – Jun 2021 Irvine, California
Part of a development team for a Web API for UCI course discovery using Express.js.
- Implemented GraphQL endpoints for complex queries.
- Used node.js, MkDocs, and Github Actions to automatically build documentation for our Web API
UCI Advanced Power and Energy Program Oct 2018 – Jun 2021 Irvine, California
Maintained, troubleshooted, and deployed over 100 machines.
- Inspected and repaired XML documents to recover research, saving 3 weeks of work for students
- Developed powershell scripts to create technical reports and deploy for over 100 machines. This automation makes weekly tasks 3 times faster.